Adebayo said sureties must reside within the court’s area of jurisdiction and must attach their passport photographs to an affidavit of means.
He said each surety must also have land properties within the court’s area of jurisdiction and that the police must verify their residential addresses.
Attorney General of the Republic, Mr. Abiodun Badiora, had previously told the court that the defendants committed the offense on June 27, 2021 around Olude Arayin, in the Osogbo region.
Badiora said the accused conspired and violated the peace of the state, resulting in the destruction of a place of worship and a Toyota Camry car with registration GCE 954 BV.
“The crisis has resulted in many people sustaining serious injuries and causing disarray in the community.
“Two policemen, Bello Titilayo and Adeshina Oluwafemi, attached to the Ojo-Oba Police Division, were carrying out their legitimate duties when they were also assaulted by the accused, ” Badiora said.
He added that the accused also inflicted serious injuries on many residents of the area.
“A Ojo Falaye was seriously injured during a public disturbance which led to the perforation of his intestines with a dried bone by one of the accused.
“Also, a Folake Esuleke was attacked with stones during the public disturbance, ‘‘ he said.
The defendants, who were facing nine counts of conspiracy, malicious damage, assault, threat to life and disturbing public order, pleaded not guilty to the charges against them.
The defendants are Esuleke Fasola, Adeosun Kola and Idowu Akeem, (traditional worshipers), while Kazeem Yunus, Salaw jimoh, Alarape Soliman and Sahid Rahim, are the stewards of the destroyed place of worship.
The defense lawyer led by Mr. Abimbola Ige urged the court to grant their clients bail on the most liberal terms.
The court adjourned the case to September 13 for a hearing.
One person died while 12 people suffered injuries to varying degrees in a clash between masquerade worshipers and followers of another religion in Osogbo on June 12.