++OPENING DATE :++ 08/17/22
++CLOSING DATE:++ 8/31/22 11:59 PM CET
++TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT:++ Full time
++LOCATION:++ Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
++DEPARTMENT:++ Sheriff’s office
Join the Central Records Unit of the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office in the role of a Main Office Specialist. This position requires flexibility, attention to detail, customer service skills and computer software skills.
*_Location and Hours: *_This position is located at the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office, 401 South 4th Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415. This position is subject to seniority based on schedule, work schedule being Monday to Friday and working hours are either 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
As of September 1, 2021, all new job offers are conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. “Fully Vaccinated” means 14 days after receiving the second dose of a two-dose series of vaccines approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on a full or emergency basis, or 14 days after receiving received an FDA-approved single-dose vaccine on a full or emergency basis. After a conditional job offer, the candidate must show proof of full vaccination before their start date. A COVID-19 vaccination card from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a vaccination record from your doctor’s office, or a personal digital vaccination record is sufficient “evidence.” The candidate must also certify that he is vaccinated by filling out a form on the first day of employment. Reasonable accommodations to this vaccination requirement will be considered at the request of an applicant for medical or religious reasons, as required by applicable law.
Convicted candidates are not automatically disqualified. Each case is examined according to its particular situation and the type of work.
*In this position, you will: *
- Interact in person, over the phone or electronically to request, assess and screen a wide range of information requests; explain a variety of service requirements, policies, and procedures; resolve various customer concerns and issues regarding service and policies.
- Analyze, resolve, and update people on action taken on difficult issues and concerns.
- Perform project work, including maintenance of data requests, information form template lists, schedules, and recording of access statistics.
- Enter, export and modify information and data stored in computer systems; help other users with computer software problems; generate reports; develop formal training and/or coordinate user training on the use of computerized systems and programs.
- Help fill out forms; verify the completeness and accuracy of information on forms and other documents before processing.
- Save and update information (including complex financial data) in a variety of formats.
- Write, prepare and proofread specialized correspondence, lists, reports and other standard office documents; develop forms and/or assist in editing.
- Participate, plan or coordinate specific departmental projects and activities.
- Redact information from customer records as necessary for proper use and disclosure of protected customer information.
- Provide training on records management procedures and troubleshooting assistance with manual and automated records systems.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Three or more years of office experience.
- 30 months or more of office experience and completion of Office Specialist Pathway training ++program++ or health care office pathway training ++program++.
- A combination of office experience and post-secondary education, totaling 3 years or more (3 semester credits = 1 month).
*Good to have: *
- Interact with the public with tact and discretion.
- Treatment of confidential information and documents
- Provide excellent customer service and answer questions in person and over the phone for internal and external customers.
- Work with computers, especially Microsoft Office applications, records management systems, APEX e-learning and PS portals.
- Ability to:
- Handle multiple issues and work independently with minimal direction.
- Communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Behave in a professional manner and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Meet deadlines and produce accurate work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
*_About the department: *_The Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office serves the county’s 1.2 million residents. State law mandates most duties of the sheriff’s office, including running the county jail, providing district court security, and patrolling county waterways. The Sheriff’s Office also manages specialized initiatives such as Criminal Information Sharing and Analysis (CISA), Violent Offender Task Force (VOTF), Crime Scene Investigations, Criminal Investigations, community awareness and employee well-being. The mission of the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office is: To serve and protect all members of our community by promoting equal justice, safety and well-being.
About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life of our residents and communities. All of our jobs align with one or more of our overriding goals – that the residents of Hennepin County are healthy, protected and safe, self-sufficient, assured of due process and mobile.
Our employees enjoy a combination of generous benefits and a positive work culture not found in other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits, and opportunities for growth. Learn more about ++www.hennepin.us/employees++.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and reducing disparities is fundamental to providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
Invitations to interview will be based on an assessment of education and experience. Final applicants may be required to pass a drug test and/or background check.