Studio William Hefner is looking for a Licensed Senior Landscape Architect to join our team. The successful candidate will manage the landscape team including design, planning, landscape architecture, as well as leading the landscape studio with a management vision ensuring profitability and sustainability. They will lead assignments in all disciplines interacting with architecture studios, while providing landscape architecture design experience, and interact with existing and potential clients with exemplary communication skills and a strategic perspective and design-driven.
Studio William Hefner is a client-centric, high-end, personalized, multidisciplinary residential architecture, landscaping and interiors firm. Studio William Hefner is where opportunities, big ideas and rewarding careers arise.
Your main responsibilities
Maintain and develop strong client relationships by implementing a client-centric approach.
· Project management, personnel, assignment, schedule and budget management.
· Studio staffing, recruiting and mentoring.
Your skills and references
· Experience with high end residential design in Southern California.
· Demonstrated responsibility, maturity and commitment to a team-oriented environment are key abilities, including an ability to communicate effectively, lead teams, develop strong internal relationships and foster a culture of collaboration.
· The desire and ability to lead and contribute at multiple levels within the design process.
· Demonstrated effectiveness in building and maintaining relationships with clients; proven ability to translate these relationships into successful projects.
Carry out presentations and project interviews
Excellent creative and critical thinking skills
Ability to integrate sustainability into all aspects of planning and design
· Good knowledge of local, regional and national trends in architecture and landscape planning.
· Ability to collaborate successfully on multidisciplinary projects.
Excellent verbal and presentation skills
Understanding of graphics applications (manual or digital) including Vectorworks, Revit, AutoCAD, rendering tools and Microsoft Office.
Possesses excellent time management skills and has a thorough understanding of assignment and scheduling of tasks, budgeting and the efficient use of time and resources.
· Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions and how they apply to design projects.
Education and experience
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited landscape architecture program.
· Minimum of 15 years of experience.
· Licensed Landscape Architect in California.
The candidate’s work experience should demonstrate an appropriate level of responsibility, work group leadership skills, business development, understanding of the long term vision in building customer relationships, superior customer service and written and graphic communication skills.
You will work in an open plan office. Local travel will be required to attend client or public meetings, set up new assignments, and participate in meetings with review boards, HOAs, and public agencies.
This description is not a complete list of activities, tasks or responsibilities that may be required in this job; other tasks, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Studio William Hefner is a place where the best and the brightest come to tap into each other’s talents, do exciting work and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Studio William Hefner provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and candidates for future and current employment and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, recommendation, promotion, compensation, benefits, job training, termination or any other condition of employment. Studio William Hefner complies with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures fair opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO, including disabled / protected veterans.
This position requires a resident of Southern California. If you are a non-resident of Southern California, please note that we do not support the move.
Please send your resume (in Word .doc or PDF format) and a sample of your work to [email protected]